Tuesday 25 September 2007

WaSaBEE!!!

You when you were a kid and you hated olives but your parents loved them and told you that you just had to acquire a taste for them. An now you can eat them and you don't feel you want to throw them up. In fact you think they are really nice in pizza or a jatz with cheese. Until today I really didn't understand how you were supposed to achieve this. What it means is learn to not pull a face when in company, chew and swallow, and once you have mastered that shovel as much of it into your mouth until you like it.

For all the food experimenting I have done, I still can not bring myself to salmon. I don't like it raw, I don't like it smoked, I don't like it steamed, I don't like it backed you could even smother it in cheese and deep fry it and I still don't like it. I have managed to master the don't pull a face in company as certain family members like the stuff and feed it to me every time we visit. I will not how ever ever master the shovel it in till you like it.

Today I did learn a little trick for salmon sushi. Don't get me wrong I adore sushi, just the salmon ones are icky and you will always find them. Wasabi is a great gift to horrid salmon sushi. When you feel you can no longer maintain your composer dip the edge of your sushi into the wasabi, If you like wasabi drown the little bugger in it. Then put it in your mouth, the ensuing facial expressions can be blamed on the really hot wasabi and not on the horrid food, people will understand. On a really good day the flames pouring out your mouth and nose will really clear up that sinus problem you were having as an added bonus.


Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP