Sunday 3 February 2008

Se mi amate ... Acquistare me una pasta maker

Since no one is around to tell... I will tell you. Guess what I am having for lunch. Yeap that is right home made pasta with garlic, olives and chilli sauce. Can you say yum?

I've been making pasta sauces from scratch for ages (I cheated with the sauce if you ever see it in he shops seriously get it it is really really nice it's a stir through sauce so look at the little bottles), but I've always really wanted to make pasta too. Well today with a day off I decided to try my hand at it. Yes it needs some tweaking but other wise it was really quite nice. I do not however have a pasta maker, you know those little machines that you put the pasta dough through, so I cut it into strips by hand. If doing it yourself seriously make teeny tiny strips, the stuff swells (not exactly sure why). So I am off to buy myself a pasta maker... it tastes better then packaged stuff and you can experiment with different things after you can make it well (like grinding up mushroom and putting that in the dough, or grind fresh basil in it). Also you don't eat as much before you feel full.

yum yum yum... I might become a good cook yet... :P

0 comments:

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP