Sunday 22 March 2009

Pickle of plenty

Well the bad news is that only one of my jars sealed yesterday. They say that if you want you can reprocess with in 24 hours an it should be still ok; but they don't recommend it. An besides it takes so long to heat the water up to boiling point anyway.

So we are going to have pie apples, pasta sauce an pickles coming out our ears for the next little while. SH* has asked me to make an apple pie an freeze it our of the failed apples, an I thought I would try making a lasagne out of the pasta sauce. Which leaves me with 1 & 1/2 1 litre jars filled with pickles. I like pickles (else I wouldn't have made them) but I not the sort to eat them on absolutely everything, an SH* isn't really a big fan.

Will really have to do something about the jars, I seem to be going to keep this up, so perhaps it is time I got some real jars, where I can buy more lids separately so I can reuse the jars. Thinking a pressure canner would also be nice, then I can make pumpkin soup or potato leek soup an store that. Have a few wedding presents still to be filled, prehaps I can get it that way...

0 comments:

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP