Wednesday 4 March 2009

Cubby House Living

Now that the house is now kinda sorta set up I am glad to say I am back to posting. My SH* and I live in our little cubbyhouse in a hot humid sub tropical climate. I am desperately hanging out for winter to come. I was very excited when my fridge and washing machine arrived. Never thought I would be so thrilled about my first white goods. Contemplating getting a dryer due to my in ability to remember to hang out the washing. But I just got to learn to do it, even though all my other housely projects are much more interesting.

I've taken up baking, a project I can finally achieve. I don't know what makes the difference weither it is the new climate or the new type of just throw it in yeast. I been making yummy olive bread an pizza dough.

I am also starting to indulge in bottling. I had a rather woody pineapple, that had a beautiful taste so I decided to bottle it. It was absolutly delectable. Saddly I couldn't process properly (not that the pineapple lasted long enough) I am out to get myself a bigger pot an some more jars.

Where we live is just down the street from a farmers market. It is there ever Sunday an is really worth going to. The fruit an vegies are nice an fresh as well as most importantly cheap (except broccili atm). There is also a excelent stall that sells olives wich are to die for. Their expensive but totally worth it. We've only missed one Sunday so far an I wouldn't wanna miss another.

Will tell you all about my activities as a house wife.

4 comments:

clare

two thoughts...

one: and i have shared this before, there is no wintere there. there is only 2 seasons, really hot and really really hot.

two: you dont need a dryer. just hang the clothes on a hanger and put that on the ceiling fan.

Peter Ansell

problem with step too... no ceiling fan...

so I am hanging out for really hot in preference to really really hot.

clare

no ceiling fan....

tell me that you have air-con???

or are at least being held against your own free will.

Dominique

Nope no air-con. just a little tiny portable heater that will do cooler air.

Do have an oil heater though.

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP