Sunday 16 December 2007

Giallo Stomaco

I went and saw Elizabeth; the golden years last night. If you have seen it I do not know what you thought of it; personally I thought it sucked. I could not seem to affiliate myself with any of the characters; a shocking horrible discovery. And honestly I did not have the stomach for all the torture scenes, or the beheading of Mary queen of Scots. The only good part was the costumes of the queen; her dresses; not her make up or hair styles; just her dresses.

I realise that over the past many months I have been doing much more better things then watching tv. An I have enjoyed every minute of it and hope that my evenings are to continue in this manner for sometime. I do not miss tv; in fact it really holds no interest for me at all these days. It is actually very surprising how much tv can desensitise you to blood torture and the likes. Yet I have found it just as surprising how easy it is to leave it behind and how quickly you become resensitised because you are no longer being constantly fed the treatments.

I am good in a crisis generally if I am called upon to bury my fist in the gaping whole that was just blasted in your side to keep you alive. I'll probably do it without a moments thought. But I really don't want to see it on my tv screen or for that matter the big screen, I just want to close my eyes until it is over; especially if it is one human to another, I can handle accidents just a little better.


Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP