Thursday 6 December 2007

Chi l'ha detto che avevo cattivo gusto; mentito

Due to an unfortunate mishap with my phone; I seem to have dropped it for the last time, I have been scouring the internet to get a replacement; and being that I am kinda happy with my current mobile phone provider I should buy a phone outright. So of course I have found one that I really like and kinda got my heart set on it.

The features that I want are:
  • Camera 5 Megapixal with auto focus and 20x digital zoom (with flash)
  • Bluetooth - for Simon (my GPS)
  • Vibrating Alert (can't recieve sms's in movies and rally's without it)
  • Alarm (trust me a must)
  • Decent standby time (don't want to recharge it everyday because I didn't use it)
  • Decent Talk time (don't want to have to talk plugged into a wall; that is what a landline is for)
  • Sound recorder - might use that... not sure depends on distance needing to be at mouth
  • AC Charger
  • Colour screen
  • drop proof - either permanently attach it to my body or give me a bouncable cover
The phone I want has all this (excluding drop proofing), plus extras I don't need like;
  • 3g Broadband - I have internet I don't need more
  • MP3 player - I have one don't need another
  • Video Calling - had it on my last phone never used it
  • Speaker phone - I am not supposed to drive and talk
  • Infarared - no idea why I would use it
  • GPS - I have Simon and I don't usually get lost on my feet
  • Games - Also had em; don't use them
  • FM Radio - umm no
  • e-mail - nice idea but no
  • Java - mostly only used for games before and takes forever to load
  • Calculator - 1+1=2... see I know maths I no need
  • Organiser - I like my paper one I leave at work...
  • PC Synchronisation - Good for storing illicit sms's; pain in the arse to synchronise
  • Hands free - you still got to push the buttons and if I don't want speaker phone why I want this?
  • Video Connectivity Cable - what am I going to connect it to I mean really the point is? I'll just lose it
  • USB cable - not going to synchronise to my computer no need it
All that for $1049. So of course I won't be getting it; (especially now that I have listed my wants and not wants). Due to my propensity for dropping I should get a really cheap phone. In the outright phones the cheapest I can get is almost a nokia original, with greenish and black little screen with few extras like snake and vibration alert. There are options in between these options of course and either I get more junk then I want and pay loads for it; or I have to lose out on stuff I want. Either way you got to pay lots more

Option 2 is to change prepaid phone company's - whole new kettle of fish as well dealing with phone junk, I got to find a company that gives me what I want, and I always get the feeling I am getting a dodgy phone; for the speed at which it is becoming obsolete is scary.

Option 3 Go on a plan. This is seriously the last option plans make me uncomfortable. They are going to make me pay them money for a minimum of 2 years in a contract that makes me feel a lot nervous. Yay up-to-date phone for signing a contract in blood with the devil.

I would like to custom build my phone. You can do it for computers why not phones. I'd happily pay someone to build me a phone to my specifications with only the stuff I want not all this other junk. They say the people buy on 2 thinks look, and ease of use. That is what most people might do... but what about those of us who might like to fiddle with parts etc... Computer geeks get to build their own computers; why can't fussy mobile phone users build their own mobile? I would not get a mobile in demonstration except well I do need one and my stand won't actually make a difference would it?


Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP