Wednesday 9 January 2008

Pensate strumento cintura e un cappello duro ... Nient'altro.

For a while my room renovations have been stagnating a little. With the possibility of my bed arriving on the near horizon, (as in I am going to go put at least a down payment on it tonight). I really should pull my finger out and do something about the rest of the room.

I have a large number of boxes I have not unpacked yet; I figure that they are never going to get used so I am pretty much going to throw them out as is (I have to go through them I know there is a family heirloom in there I have to keep. Also rescue any miss 'packed' books). These need to be removed so that there is room for the bed (Yay a bed!).

I also need to make my curtains. whilst my beautiful sari is making a pretty temporary curtain; it is shear and actually seems to make my room look smaller.

With the curtain issue also comes the cabinetry issue. Initially I had planned on getting a friend who builds cabinetry for a living to give me a quote and get him to build if for me; but as he can't even finish/fix the kitchen he built for us, I really don't want to be screwed about. I unfondly refer to him as the Penis King. So perhaps I will have to build the things myself. Little medicine cabinet for the window; desk with draw (contemplating putting in a locking cupboard too), shelves and clothes rail. To do this requires power tools (ok so it doesn't but I don't have the patience not to use them) maybe that is what I should have asked for for Christmas from Santa; not that 'he'd' let me have them anyway. A power jigsaw; and drill might be a good start or even a basic kit would be great. (odd that that site is actually making reference to valentines day... isn't that ages away?).

I should make a plan... something like
WEEKEND
  1. Get rid of boxes of junk, return all lost books to bookcases
  2. Make curtains and put them up
  3. Destory cupboard innards and paint
  4. Go to Brisbane (non related)
  5. Build cupboard innards
  6. Install new innards (Bed arrives!)
Wow that actually lines up quite well... though I will probably be a pauper mouse by the end... Especially with Brisbane trip and valentines day just around the corner (I looked it is actually quite close...scary) What I would give to sit on my arse an snap my fingers and have it all done for me. I can probably do weekend 1 and 2 at least... the cabinetry will be a big job an lots of money... an I want power tools... mmm... there is an idea... anyone have cupids address?


Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP