Tuesday 29 July 2008

mah!

For those of you who did the married thing already or are contemplating doing the married thing Please explain something to me.

Bridal Dress = $2500
Veil=$350
(Prices are based on the dress I liked best)
Bridesmaid Dress = $250
(Price based on dress my mother an sister like)

Out fit going to be worn once in your whole entire life = Priceless....?

I am not in a Mastercard ad. In fact I don't even have a Mastercard. How do you justify spending that kind of money on a one day event. Especially when if you are like me an look at your wedding dress an think, afterwards I want to cut up the dress an make dedication outfits out of it for my babies.

I thought I would have a crack at making a veil last night contemplating actually useing it becuase even though it is going to be a lot of work it actually looks kinda nice, and will heighten the sentimental value, be able to smile at ever pin drop of a brown stain knowing that was my blood that I lost creating it. Hand sewing every stich and pricking myself with the needle every other.

So why don't I make a dress to go with it? I know how to sew, why not?

I look at the cost of if I made it myself

dress = $200 (guestimation)
veil = >$30

I realise my time has a price on it but I am sewing for myself there is pleasure in that for me. An I doubt my time price would make up for the differnce in costs.

so why do I want to Spend 3 grand on a dress when I could spend $250? An if I am spending 250, can I ask the bridesmaids to spend the same on their dresses?

0 comments:

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP