Monday 8 September 2008

Mi Sposo Grande

I am not sure if everything is going crazy or if it is just me.

People are dieting like crazy around me. I even have one of my bridesmaids dieting like crazy so that she will be thin for the wedding (at current size she'll be getting a size 10 dress) an some of my many mothers also. I even had one person quietly take me aside on my engagement party weekend an show me some crash dieting products that will help me loose weight.

I have been undressed and laced up in cupcake dresses by total strangers while they and my mother sit an talk about how nice my fiancée is because he loves me an wants everyone to see us get married despite the fact I am fat.

When it came time to plan my wedding, I decided I had enough stresses to worry about without including stressing about the .002 kilo's I had put on this week. Would much rather think about how intelligent men want fatter wives because they are better capable of giving them intelligent children.

It's tempting to create a t-shirt that says:

Yes
I am a
FAT BRIDE
an...

on the front
and
I'm not
Dieting!

on the back.

Looks like I not only going to be the shortest person in the bridal party but also the widest!

7 comments:

Peter Ansell

hehe... missy beautiful just as she is :D

Della

How rude of them.

And insane.

People really are becoming more and more stupid. But at least you've not gone to a store where the sales person says you're too fat for their range, like what happened to my cousin.

If I was her, I would have just sat on the b!tch who said that.

Dominique

Not stupid so much but rude arrogant an self centered. It's no wonder that the all round most beautiful people are the ones with the smallest self esteems an are so very rarely truely discovered by more then a few people.
People think they are being caring to 'assist' you loose weight. Or because they are family they can say you hate shopping because your fat an making you get clothes you don't like because they fit you width ways but require another shirt underneath because the space left for neck and boob line reaches your navel .

They don't consider that people might be over eating because they are being such lovely helpful people an opening their big mouths.

Dominique

Ta Sparky!

Della

Mmm... I'd suggest beating them with a leg of lamb regardless.

It's silly and rude that they don't see it's you and Ansell's day, not theirs, and that's what should matter.

Dominique

Ahh but they see it as looking their best for our special day.

they are doing it for us, so it is the best day it can be.

This whole 'bride to be' thing is totally disillusioning. People don't car that it is your day an about us. The see it as their opportunity to look better then everyone else.

I have to admit I have used someone else's event to make an appearance statement. But I don't believe when talking to the bride I told her all about the weight I was planning to lose the cut colour an price of my dress an what I thought I would do with my hair (Still not know if anyone has a picture... tempted to do it with the bridesmaids hair actually....) I asked her about the wedding plans an how she was going an stuff.

Della

Elope?

The Homely House Wife   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP